Try something warm and cozy this week! Hopefully it’s one of the last few weeks we will need a big pot of soup to keep warm!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken, or rotisserie chicken white meat
- 1 1/2 cans of white beans (Great Northern), drained
- 1/2 can of white beans, pureed with liquid from beans in a small blender or Magic Bullet
- 2 jars salsa verde, *make sure you like the taste of the salsa you choose!
- 1.5 Tbsp. ground cumin
- salt + pepper
- fresh cilantro ** important to add a new dimension of flavor to soup!
- diced avocado
- shredded cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- In a large pot, add chicken, broth, whole beans,cumin and salsa. Heat on medium heat.
- In a small blender, blend 1/2 can (or more) of white beans until pureed. Add bean puree to soup pot.
- Heat for 20-30 minutes without bringing to a boil.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and other fun toppings!!
Check out thehealthyhostess.com for more healthy recipes or meal planning help!